Use up Your Leftover Meat - Rice Casserole
- Ready In:
- 1hr 35mins
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup celery
- 1 (10 ounce) can green beans
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup or (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup uncooked rice (I don't use minute rice, but I suppose you could try!)
- 4 cups water (I drain the vegetables into a measuring cup, then use chicken broth for the water)
- 1 teaspoon salt (reduce or omit if you'd like) (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cups meat, chopped up (your choice of meat-what ever is left over)
- Saute the onions and celery in the butter in the bottom of your dutch oven.
- Add everything else and and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Place in a 350 degree oven for 1 hour, uncovered.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Thank you, this is really good and oh so easy ! I made it today. I used left over meat loaf along with cooked rice that I had on hand. I cut back on the water that I added, by half. I used broccoli, not string beans and worcestershire sauce and lemon pepper. I gave it a try prior to the oven. Now I know it will be well excepted for dinner.