Urner Kaesesuppe / Urner Cheese Soup
- Ready In:
- 45 g butter
- 75 g flour
- 500 ml water, boiling
- 1 tablespoon caraway seed
- 75 ml milk, hot
- 4 ounces emmenthaler cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Melt butter and sprinkle over the flour and make a golden brown roux.
- Add water, spices and seasonings, and allow to cook on a low heat for 45 minutes.
- Take pan of heat and sprinkle over the grated cheese and hot milk. Stir well until combine. Serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Recently relocated to Queensland, warmer seas for sailing and fishing. Aside from cooking for my family I do cake decorating (mainly wedding cakes) and recently unusual jams - adding spices and herb - and preserves and cheese making