Upside Down Pizza - Gluten Free
- Ready In:
Pizza Crust Batter
- 2⁄3 cup rice flour
- 1⁄2 cup milk or 1/2 cup non-dairy milk substitute
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 whole eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 7 links sausage
- 2 (14 ounce) jars pizza sauce
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella-cheddar blend cheese
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees
- Cook sausage and slice into pieces.
- Mix with the spaghetti sauce and put into a 9"x13" pan.
- Top with half of the cheese.
- Pour the batter evenly over the top and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes, or until the crust is set and the top is lightly browned.
Join The Conversation
This is definitely a favorite recipe at my house that I have made over and over. I add 2T. flax seed to the crust ingredients and a generous 1/3 cup canned pumpkin to the tomato sauce. When I don't have enough shredded cheese, I have omitted it from the top of the crust and we all love it just the same. Fantastic recipe!!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in TX with my husband, Tim and mischevious cat, Penelope :) I work at a small bookstore for a non profit organzation -- not really what I want to do for the rest of my life, but I feel that I am where I should be at this moment in my life. I hope to go back to grad school to work on a Masters in Counseling this coming fall (2008). That is my true interest and passion, and I think I'd kick myself if I never did it!! I look forward to the next adventure in my life -- whatever that may be :) My loves: my hubby, penelope, being with friends, my huge family, growing in my relationship with Christ, coffee, card making, MUSIC, movies, cooking, organizing & cleaning (freak..I know), reading, long talks, psychology, learning, counseling, people, spending too much time on Recipezaar (!!!), finding new recipes to tweak for my gluten intolerance, nice restraunts, wine.....