Unleavened Whole Wheat Bread
photo by Banriona
- Ready In:
3 flat loaves
- Mix honey and oil and warm slightly.
- Mix egg yolk in warm milk.
- Add honey and oil to flour and salt.
- Then add egg and milk mixture gradually to the flour mixture.
- Divide dough into three equal pieces.
- Working with one piece at a time, roll out very thin to dinner plate size.
- Score dough using a shot glass for the center, then a saucer and next a salad plate (or whatever works to make approximateyl three equal outer circles).
- Then score twelve spokes out from the center circle.
- Bake on cookie sheet for 10 minutes at 350 degrees.
- Wrap while still warm. Store in refrigerator or freezer.
- Makes three flat loaves.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Simple to make and very tasty. The honey can be reduced by half without affecting the outcome. In fact, I accidently left it out of one batch I made and the bread was still edible- although I felt it needed jam. With the honey, this bread stands alone. I did use olive oil and goats milk each time I made this recipe. Wonderful. Instead of splitting into 3 portions, I divided it in half and rolled into rectangles appropriately sized for my baking sheets. It is hard to mess up this recipe.