UnknownChef86's Super Easy Sticky Rice
I've had numerous requests for this method of cooking plain rice. I've never seen it anywhere else. It's been the only way I cook plain rice since I first tried it. And it's so simple to make! My pastor went nuts over it, wanting to know if he could get the recipe. He said it reminded him of the sticky rice that is served in many oriental restaurants. It's comes out steamed, rather than boiled. Cooking time includes soak time for the rice; rice cookers will vary in cooking time.
- Ready In:
- Rinse the rice til water runs[mostly] clear.
- Drain, then add 3 cups cold water to the rice.
- Add salt to taste.
- Put the pan in the rice-cooker, but DON'T plug it in as some rice cookers have a"keep warm" feature when it's plugged in (I know mine does).
- Let sit for 1/2 hour to soak.
- Plug in and cook as normal.
- This recipe can be reduced or increased as your rice cooker or needs allow, simply make sure that the soaking water and the rice are in equal measure.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Yummy sticky rice. So simple in the rice cooker, but next time since I just made a couple of servings, I think that I might just do it stove-top instead. My cooker was looking a little anemic, lol. Simple and oh so good. Thanks Unknownchef for a nice side. Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup Tag.Reply