Unique Chicken Tacos
- Ready In:
- 1hr 40mins
- 3 -4 chicken breasts (skin and bone-in)
- 1 (12 ounce) can diced tomatoes with lime and cilantro (Ro- Tel)
- 1 (12 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies (I use Ro- Tel habanero peppers)
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (14 ounce) can black beans, Seasoned
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese (Shredded)
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk ranch dressing
- 1⁄2 cup lettuce (shredded)
- taco shell (I used the one that stand on their own)
- In a deep skillet fitted with a lid, place chicken breast. Top with both cans of Tomatoes along with the water. Cover and simmer unitl fork tender. Remove chicken from skillet. De-bone and remove skin. Chunk up and return to the skillet to allow the juices to penetrate the meat, approx 30 - 45 minutes on low, or until desired consistency. Meanwhile, heat beans in a seperate pan and cook taco shells according to package directions.
- To build the taco- divide cheese equally into each taco shell, next layer - beans - chicken and tomatoes next, top with ranch and then lettuce.
- PS this make plenty of chicken, it freezes great for another round at a later date. I keep it on hand and add it to number of dishes. Watch for more recipes using this chicken.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
We really liked this dish. Unfortunately, I couldn't find the Rotel Lime and Cilantro at out local market, so had to season myself with those ingredients. The reason for 4 stars instead of 5, was because I had to simmer longer than the time allowed by the recipe in order to get the right consistency for tacos. Thnx for sharing your recipe, TheBlueJeanChef. Made for PAC Spring 2010. You've been adopted! http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=327498&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0