Unique and Yummy Banana Crunch Bread
Everytime I make this bread, someone thinks its an old family secret and I have been told by many that it is the best banana bread ever. I originally found it in a magazine 10 years ago. The ginger adds a unique taste and the crunch topping is very yummy.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup cold butter, cut in pieces
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (I use a little more)
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped candied ginger
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar (optional)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in bananas, walnuts, ginger, eggs and vanilla until mixture is just moistened. Spoon batter evenly into prepared pan.
- Prepare Crunch Topping: Combine flour, sugar, butter and cinnamon in a small bowl. Sprinkle evenly over batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees oven for 70 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool bread in pan 10 minutes. Remove bread and cool on wire rack completely. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar.