Uncle Bill's Steamed Oysters
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
These oysters are very easy to prepare and can be eaten as an appetizer.
- Ready In:
- 8 large fresh oysters, in a shell
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh grated gingerroot
- 3 tablespoons brandy
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons chili sauce
- 2 large green onions or 2 large scallions, chopped
- Shuck oysters carefully and save the shell.
- Arrange oysters in a half shell on a heat-resistant plate ready for steaming.
- Heat a small frying pan over medium heat.
- Add olive oil, garlic and grated ginger and cook until pale golden, about 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add brandy and ignite, shaking pan to mix; cook until alcohol is burned off, about 10 seconds.
- Spoon lemon juice equally on each oyster that are arranged in the half shell.
- Spoon chili sauce equally on each oyster.
- Top each oyster with the chopped green onions.
- Place plate of oysters in a steamer.
- Cover and let steam for 6 to 8 minutes or until oysters are done to your likeness.
- Serve immediately.
- If you buy oysters already shucked, then place them in egg cups that are used for poaching eggs, also use the pan that comes with the egg cup.
- Firstly, spray each egg cup with olive oil or a good cooking oil.
- Place one oyster in each cup.
- Proceed to prepare oysters as noted above.
- Add about 3 cups of water to the steaming pan and bring to boil.
- Place the cups into poaching tray and then into the steamer.
- Cover and let steam for about 8 minutes or until oysters are done to your likeness.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION