Uncle Bill's Dill Salad Dressing
- Ready In:
2 1/2 cups
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream or 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon beau monde seasoning (optional)
- 2 tablespoons very finely chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together, mayonnaise, sour cream, red wine vinegar, and olive oil; whisk until well incorporated.
- Add dill weed, Beau Monde seasoning, green onion, fresh parsley and salt and whisk until well blended.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour before using.
- Store in refrigerator in a glass container with lid.
- NOTE: Beau Monde Seasoning is available at most supermarkets (Spice Islands Brand).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Bill, this is a great dressing! I love dill in anything so it was appealing to me just reading the recipe. I only put a tsp of parsley in as I do not like parsley, just a personal thing. I made tuna pasta salad and it gave it a light finishing touch. I will be using this dressing a lot. Carole in Orlando
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in Burnaby, British Columbia. I am retired and have written a cookbook entitled, From Uncle Bill's Kitchen. I am a recipe developer, author, publisher, distributor and a chef. My cookbook is very unique as I have a Nutrient Analysis for each ingredient used in each recipe that shows you the values for Calories, Fat, Cholesterol and Sodium. A high-lighted bar shows the values on a per serving basis plus the Fat/Cal%. From Uncle Bill's Kitchen contains tried-and-true, tested, easy to follow reipes for both novice and experienced cooks. You'll find old Russian, Ukrainian, and other ethnic favorites, along with modern West Coast dishes. The Nutrient Analysis will please the health conscious. Uncle Bill's favorite recipes will reward efforts of the most creative cook and provide the family with many tantalizing, healthful meals. I have appeared on 48 various Television Shows in Vancouver, Burnaby, Kelowna and Kamploops, B.C. Canada, as well as in Palm Springs, CA. In Palm Springs, CA, I have been a Guest on the JACKIE OLDEN RADIO SHOW and THE JOEY ENGLISH RADIO SHOW, twice a year since 1998. I also do demo cooking shows at CHAPTERS BOOK STORES, SAVE-ON-FOOD STORES, GALLOWAY'S FOODS, WESTMINSTER PUBLIC QUAY MARKET, and in the U.S. at BARNES & NOBLE BOOKSTORES in Palm Springs, CA, Phoenix and Yuma, AZ. I was in Palm Springs, CA from June 10th to July 14th. 2002 and again appeared twice on the Jackie Olden Show, twice on the Joey English Show and pre-taped a TV COOKING SHOW with Jackie Olden that is aired on TV from Palm Springs, CA to Los Angeles, CA.