Uncle Bill's Caesar - Canadian Style
photo by Calee
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 fresh lemon, for rub on glass rim
- 1 teaspoon celery salt, for glass rim rub
- 2 fluid ounces good quality vodka, more if desired
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh horseradish or 1 teaspoon pure prepared horseradish
- 6 fluid ounces mott's Clamato juice (No subsitutes unless you cannot have Clam juice)
- 2 dashes Tabasco sauce (optional) or 2 dashes red hot pepper sauce (optional)
- 1 piece of young celery rib, incluing the leaves (from the middle of the stock)
- Rub lemon around rim of glass.
- Measure celery salt to a flat saucer.
- Turn glass in celery salt to coat rim.
- To the glass, add Vodka, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, horseradish, Clamato juice, Tabasco sauce and stir well to blend.
- Place a young stick of celery, pickled bean or pickled asparagus as a garnish and it is good to chew on.
- Eat and drink slowly.
- Note: A pickled spicy bean or an pickled asparagus spear are also excellent for a garnish in the drink.
- Mott's Clamato juice is available in regular or spicy mix.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in Burnaby, British Columbia. I am retired and have written a cookbook entitled, From Uncle Bill's Kitchen. I am a recipe developer, author, publisher, distributor and a chef. My cookbook is very unique as I have a Nutrient Analysis for each ingredient used in each recipe that shows you the values for Calories, Fat, Cholesterol and Sodium. A high-lighted bar shows the values on a per serving basis plus the Fat/Cal%. From Uncle Bill's Kitchen contains tried-and-true, tested, easy to follow reipes for both novice and experienced cooks. You'll find old Russian, Ukrainian, and other ethnic favorites, along with modern West Coast dishes. The Nutrient Analysis will please the health conscious. Uncle Bill's favorite recipes will reward efforts of the most creative cook and provide the family with many tantalizing, healthful meals. I have appeared on 48 various Television Shows in Vancouver, Burnaby, Kelowna and Kamploops, B.C. Canada, as well as in Palm Springs, CA. In Palm Springs, CA, I have been a Guest on the JACKIE OLDEN RADIO SHOW and THE JOEY ENGLISH RADIO SHOW, twice a year since 1998. I also do demo cooking shows at CHAPTERS BOOK STORES, SAVE-ON-FOOD STORES, GALLOWAY'S FOODS, WESTMINSTER PUBLIC QUAY MARKET, and in the U.S. at BARNES & NOBLE BOOKSTORES in Palm Springs, CA, Phoenix and Yuma, AZ. I was in Palm Springs, CA from June 10th to July 14th. 2002 and again appeared twice on the Jackie Olden Show, twice on the Joey English Show and pre-taped a TV COOKING SHOW with Jackie Olden that is aired on TV from Palm Springs, CA to Los Angeles, CA.