Unbreaded Jalapeno Poppers With Double Cheese!
photo by ken cooks
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Cut stems off of peppers and cut them in half lengthwise.
- Remove the seeds and veins from the peppers (you may want to wear gloves to keep the oils off of your hands).
- When finished, make sure you rinse the peppers so the oils are removed from the outside of the pepper.
- Fill each pepper half with cream cheese. If using large peppers, you may have to use more cream cheese than listed above.
- Cut the slices of bacon to fit on top of each pepper.
- Place on a baking sheet and sprinkle the cheddar cheese on top. If you keep them next to each other in a bunch on the cookie sheet, it is easier to sprinkle the cheese on top and keep it there instead of having it fall off and burn on the cookie sheet. Just make sure you separate the cheese carefully when they are done baking and still warm.
- Bake until bacon is fully cooked, about 10-15 minutes.
- Remove and serve when cooled. (They can be made the night before and stored in an air tight container in the fridge).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
The most defining trait in my life is that I am a mother to two wonderful boys (Tyler, 20 and Zayden, 9). I live in the little college town of Selinsgrove, Pennsylvania. It is the most wonderful place to live as it's nestled in the Appalachian Mountains and along the beautiful Susquehanna River. Seeing that we live in Central Pennsylvania, our family is also a bunch of HARDCORE Penn State Nittany Lion fans! We are...PENN STATE! I was lucky enough to be given tickets to see Joe Paterno win his 400th game as the head coach of the football team. I cried like I did when my children were born. The other love of my life is cooking. I didn't really start trying to cook until I was 20, but believe me I have made up for lost time! I absolutely adore baking and I do it whenever I can. I love making Christmas cookies and I have begun hosting our extended families at our home for Thanksgiving and Easter dinners. So far so good. I love food.com because it allows me to expand my culinary skills and my recipe box with ideas from other people like me. There is something for everyone and I have been a loyal member since 2005. I hope you enjoy my recipes and if you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.