Unbelievable Healthy Andes Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Machine
photo by mikey ev
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 30mins
- 2 cups fat-free half-and-half
- 1 (14 ounce) can fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (1 1/3 ounce) envelope whipped dessert topping mix
- 1⁄4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 drops green food coloring (optional)
- 3 ounces Andes mints candies, coarsely chopped (about 10-15 pieces, to taste)
- In a small mixing bowl, beat the half-and-half, milk, whipped topping mix, extract and food coloring on high speed for 3 minutes.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Pour into the cylinder of an ice cream freezer.
- Freeze according to manufacturer's directions.
- Stir in chocolate during last few minutes.
- Allow to firm up in refrigerator freezer for 24 hours before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I was so excited to find this recipe, since Andes mint ice cream got taken off the market several years ago (can't remember the brand). This recipe is wonderful - creamy and freezes without turning hard, plus so delicious! I omitted the coloring also, as I prefer my mint ice cream white. The calorie count in this recipe is pretty high, given the sugar in the condensed milk. So I'm not sure I would call this healthy, even though the fat count isn't bad. But still, the recipe is so delicious, that I will definitely make this over and over again. Thank you for the awesome recipe!