Unbelievable Clams and Garlic
I got this off of all recipes and modified it a bit. It is absolutely unbelievable! This is restaurant quality and so easy and delicious I swear you will make these over and over! Serve to guests and they will rave! I serve these in large bowls with lots of crusty bread for dipping but this could also be served on top of pasta.
- Ready In:
- 50 small clams in shell, scrubbed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup white wine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1 pinch hot pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Wash clams to remove any dirt or sand.
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add garlic; saute for 1 minute, or until tender.
- Pour in the white wine.
- Boil until wine has reduced to half its original volume.
- Add clams, cover, and steam till clams start to open.
- Add butter,lemon and red pepper flakes, cover, and cook till most or all of the clams open.
- Discard any that do not open.
- Transfer clams and juice to large bowls.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
- Serve with warm crusty bread for dipping or on top of pasta!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was yummy! Just a word of warning...use less lemon juice first and then taste it before adding the rest. I think my lemon half was too large b/c it tasted too strongly of lemon. I think I'd also maybe try adding some veggie or chicken broth to the wine for a bit more flavor. Can't wait to try it again.Reply