Ultra Moist Cheese Cupcakes
photo by eabeler
- Ready In:
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour, sifted
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange extract
- 8 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup Velveeta cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a medium bowl, beat butter, sugar, eggs and extract.
- Pour in flour mixture in thirds adding 1/2 can of sweetened condensed milk in between (beginning and ending with flour mixture.).
- Add in grated Velveeta and blend well.
- Put in muffin cups 3/4 cup full only.
- Top with grated cheddar cheese.
- Bake in 350 oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Stays moist for 1 week in room temperature (covered in tight lid container).
This was the first time I've made a cheese cupcake, and I was pleasantly surprised. The orange extract adds a really nice touch. The cakes were light and fluffy. I sent a good portion of them to work with my brother, and everyone there loved them..even a person who does not like cheese, said that they were excellent and ate more than one. I personally would like more cheese in them next time. Thank you!
I love cheese cupcakes. It reminds me of my childhood when i was still in the Philippines. We used to have it as our snack. I missed those days.. that’s why i looked for a recipe online and i found this.. My first time to make my own cheese cupcakes. I loved the taste though I wish I added more cheese. Thanks so much for the great recipe! Keep sharing more recipes.
These are so yummy! Made my first batch today. However, I think I mis-measured something, or skipped a step. The flavor is fantastic but they are pretty dense. Any feedback on where I might have gone wrong? But let me be clear...I will be making them again! My hubby has already eaten 3 since he got home! It's deeeelish hit!
see 16 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to cook and bake whenever i have spare time. I am a good or shall i say exceptional baker according to my 4 kids. We are fortunate enough to travel constantly as a family and our passion is FOOD! We are constantly on a look out for new places to eat. I enjoy entertaining in my house and we love to have guests come over. We are never out of food to feed my childrens' friends when they hang out. They always rave about my home baked goodies and it warms my heart to hear their oohs and ahhs....