Ultimate Twice-Baked Potatoes
photo by lazyme
- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
8 potato skins
- 4 russet potatoes, scrubbed (about 2 1/2 lb.)
- 1 cup grated aged cheddar cheese
- 1 cup grated gruyere cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 8 slices cooked bacon, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- Heat oven to 450°. Put potatoes on a baking sheet and bake, turning occasionally, until tender, about 1 hour. Transfer to a rack and let cool slightly.
- Halve potatoes lengthwise and scoop out insides with a spoon into a medium bowl, leaving ¼" of the outer layer of flesh and skin behind; transfer empty potato halves to a baking sheet.
- Combine scooped potato insides, ½ cup each cheddar and Gruyère, and sour cream, butter, chives, parsley, Tabasco, Worcestershire, and bacon and season with salt and pepper. Spoon mixture into potato halves and sprinkle with remaining cheese and paprika.
- Bake until cheese is browned and bubbly, about 10 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!