photo by Annacia
- Ready In:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 diced sweet onion
- 1 diced green bell pepper
- 3 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can water
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 chicken bouillon cubes or 4 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 teaspoon Accent seasoning (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs spaghetti
- Saute the ground beef, diced onions and diced bell pepper together until meat is browned.
- Add all spices, tomato sauce, stewed tomatoes and water.
- Simmer for twenty minutes. Because of the bullion cubes make sure you taste before adding salt.
- Boil four quarts of water. Add spaghetti to boiling water and stir vigorously until water returns to boil. Turn heat down and simmer 8 to 9 minutes to desired tenderness. Drain and pour directly in to sauce and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Delicious. I would serve this to company with confidence and it doesn't take all day to make. The only spaghetti I have left in the house is whole wheat and multigrain so I used other pasta to suite him. While I didn't weigh it out I used about half of the ground beef ask for and that amount worked very well for us. Made for PAC, Spring 2012.