Ultimate Mexican Stuffed Chicken
I wanted to take the traditional enchilada and twist it up into something different but more delicious, I think you will like it
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 1⁄2 cups mozzarella cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1 (8 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chilies
- 2 (10 ounce) cans enchilada sauce
- 1⁄2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 8 ounces diced olives
- Dethaw chicken breasts if frozen. Preheat oven to 350 F and lightly spray a 13x9 pan with cooking spray or lightly coat with shortening. Place a single breast into a ziplock, do not close. Continuously beat with mallet or rolling pin evenly until chicken breast is about 1/2 inch thick. Do this with every chicken breast.
- Melt butter, coat both sides of chicken. Shred 1 3/4 cheese and mix with the tomatoes and chilis, 1/2 pkg of taco seasoning,1/4 C onion.
- Put 1/4 cup of mixture in each breast. Do not overfill. Rolling is easiest if mixture is compact, tuck sides while roling away from you. Place in pan, edges on bottom.
- Bring Enchilada sauce to a boil, stirring in the chilli powder, garlic, and remaining onion. Pour hot sauce over the breasts. Top with remaining cheese, and olives. Cover with tin foil.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This is spectacular chicken! I used SweetsLady's recipe #222519 #222519 for the sauce, omitted the butter, and followed the rest of the instructions as directed. Very good. I cooked mine for 1 hour, 15 minutes (I couldn't find a cook time in the instructions section). Made for Healthy Choices Tag Game, 2/18/09 - NELady.Reply