Ultimate Crock Pot Mashed Potatoes
I found this recipe on the Budget Savvy Diva site and it has been saving me tons of time (and stess) for the past few weeks! And like she said in the blog, the cream cheese makes all the difference. I can't wait to make this for our huge Thanksgiving dinner so I can focus on other recipes.
- Ready In:
- 5hrs 15mins
- 5 lbs russet potatoes (I have used Yukon Gold, also)
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄4 cup butter, cut into small cubes
- 1 1⁄4 cups light sour cream
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup milk, warmed
- 2 ounces light cream cheese
- Peel potatoes and cube. She stated that she likes to get 12 cubes per potato. You can do this if using Russets but not if using Yukons. Each cube should be about 1-1 1/2 inches.
- Place potato cubes, butter and chicken broth into slow cooker and set to High.
- Cover and cook for 4 1/2 hours.
- Mash roughly in crock pot and add garlic, sour cream, salt, pepper, milk, and cream cheese and finish mashing.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I am rating this five star for the method and consistency, but would give 4 stars on flavor. However, that might be because they ended up in the crock pot for an extra hour before I mashed them. This was made in my Thanksgiving test kitchen and passed ... I will be using this method to cook my potatoes on Thanksgiving day which will save steps in that crazy hour before meal time ... I will be skipping the cream cheese addition though.Reply