Ultimate Cheater Pulled Pork
- Ready In:
- 12hrs 20mins
- 1 (5 -6 lb) boneless boston butt (or same weight of boneless country-style ribs)
- 1⁄4 cup cheater basic dry rub seasonings (Cheater Basic Dry Rub)
- 1⁄2 cup liquid smoke
- barbecue sauce (your choice)
- Cut the pork butt into medium (2- to 3-inch) chunks (the ribs don't need to be cut up).
- Put the pieces in a large slow cooker (at least 5 quarts); sprinkle the meat with the rub, turning the pieces to coat evenly.
- Add in the liquid smoke.
- Cover and cook on low for 10-12 hours (high for 5-6 hours), until the meat is pull-apart tender and reaches an internal temperature of 190°.
- Using tongs and a slotted spoon, transfer the meat to a rimmed platter or baking sheet; let rest until cool enough to handle.
- Pull the meat into strands; it should shred very easily; serve the barbecue piled on buns with your favorite barbecue sauce.
- *Big Oven Butt--heat oven to 300°; place pork butt in a large roasting pan; coat the outsides generously with the dry rub.
- Pour in the bottled smoke; cover the pan with heavy-duty foil.
- Roast for 5-8 hours, until the meat is pull-apart tender and reaches an internal temperature of 190°.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!