Ukrainian Red Beans With Plum Sauce
- Ready In:
- 2 cups cooked red kidney beans or (14 ounce) cans red kidney beans
- 1⁄2 garlic clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried sweet basil leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon powdered coriander
- 3⁄4 cup damson plum jam
- 1 tablespoon wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- If using canned beans, drain and place in a sieve or strainer and rinse under cold water. Drain again and place in a serving bowl.
- In a blender or food processor, place garlic, salt, basil, coriander, jam and vinegar; puree until very smooth. Using a wooden spoon, fold puree gently into beans. Let stand for 2 to 3 hours at room temperature; sprinkle with parsley just before serving.
- Serve in a large bowl or on a platter lined with lettuce. Makes 8 servings.
- NOTE: This can be prepared a day ahead and kept in the refrigerator overnight. Allow salad to come to room temperature before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!