MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
My next door neighbor taught me how to make these when I used to babysit her kids. Her parents were from Ukraine and this is what they made. They are scrumptious...way better than the frozen kind.
- Ready In:
- 3 cups mashed potatoes (totally guessing...they made me enter an amount. 3 cups should be more than enough.)
- 1 chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup Velveeta cheese (to taste, really, just use however much you want, again, I had to enter an amount. I am just guessin)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 - 1 1⁄2 cup water
- For filling: make mashed potatoes as usual, butter, salt, pepper, milk or cream; however you usually make it.
- Saute onion in butter till tender. Add to potatoes.
- Add velveeta cheese to potatoes, to taste.
- Set aside.
- For dough: make well in the 2 cups of flour. Pour beaten egg in well and mix.
- Add 1 to 1 1/2 cups water and mix.
- Make into long ropes of dough. Cut into little squares and flatten them out.
- Spoon potato mixture into squares and fold over. Make sure the sides are completely pinched together.
- Place in salted boiling water for 7 minutes. Don't overcrowd the pot, batches are best.
- Just guessing on the servings.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION