Ukrainian Christmas Honey Cake Medivnyk
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- Pre-heat the oven to 300-F degrees.
- Generously grease and lightly flour two loaf pans, and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, prepare the batter: Cream the butter and sugar together with a hand-held mixer until light and creamy.
- Add egg yolks, one at a time, and continue to beat the mixture after each additional yolk is incorporated.
- Add the honey and sour cream and mix again.
- Beat the eggs whites in a small mixing bowl until stiff peaks form.
- Sift together the cake flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- Fold the flour mixture and the egg whites, ALTERNATING EACH MIXTURE (flour and then egg whites), into the cake batter.
- Fold in the raisins and walnuts.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pans.
- Bake for 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- Remove the cakes from the pans and place on a wire rack to cool.
- Slice and serve slightly warm.
- Serves 10 to 12.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!