Ukrainian Baba Mary's Halvah Cookies
- Ready In:
- 3 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 1⁄4 lb halvah (chocolate or marble)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 cups flour
- In a large bowl, mix eggs and oil.
- Incorporate halvah using a hand mixer.
- Add sugar, baking powder, baking soda and flour to make a workable dough.
- Add extra flour if necessary.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Oil hands, roll spoon sized pieces of dough into small balls, and place 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cool completely before eating, at least 30 minutes.
- Makes 3 dozen.
- The Great Canadian Feast.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!