- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 8 ounces thick plain low-fat yogurt
- 4 inches cucumbers, peeled and grated
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped of fresh mint
- Whisk the oil, vinegar, and garlic in a bowl.
- Add yogurt and salt and beat until smooth.
- Squeeze the cucumber with your hands to remove excess moisture, then mix it into the sauce with the mint.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Serve lightly chilled, garnished with mint.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I didn't have two of the most vital ingredients so hence I am not giving this any stars. The local markets didn't have any cucumbers so I was forced to substitute a zucchini, and I have a basil glut so I used that instead of mint. Works well. This would be a very nice tzatziki with the right ingredients!