Two Vinegar Carrots
photo by loof751
- Ready In:
- Bring several quarts water to a boil in a large saucepan. Add the carrots and pinch of salt to boiling water. Cook until the carrots are a little underdone, about 8 - 12 minutes. (time varies depending on if you use baby carrots or sliced)
- Drain and set aside.
- Mix red wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar and roesmary. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet. Add the onion and saute over medium heat until golden, about 3 - 5 minutes. Add the carrots and stir and cook 1 minute to coat and mix.
- Add the vinegar mixture to the skillet. Simmer, stirring occasionally, over high heat until the vinegar evaporates, about 5 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I loved these a lot but DH & DS didn't so much but they both think *everything* should be sweet, so what do they know? This recipe is a very good change up from the usual sugar glazing. The balsamic is really the star of the dish and it does supply sweetness in an ample amount for most folks I'm sure. I'd make these again. :D
The DM and the DS loved it but I thought the red wine vinegar overpowered the sweetness of the onions and carrots so would certainly cut this back to suit my tastes but other than that I just steamed my carrot battons for 6 minutes and continues with recipe, loved the touch of rosemary added an unusual flavour to the dish which went well with the vinegars to an extent. Thank you Debbwl, made for Everyday A Holiday.