Two Potato Rosemary Saute
photo by PaulaG
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 sweet onion, chopped
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 large russet potato
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- salt and pepper
- Peel potatoes and cut in to 3/4 inch cubes.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and saute 2 minutes, stirring constantly so that garlic does not burn.
- Add potatoes and rosemary and saute 5 minutes.
- Cover skillet and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook 20-25 more minutes until potatoes are tender. Stir occasionally during this time so that the potatoes don't stick.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was a very nice combination of flavors. I used dried rosemary instead of fresh as that what I had on hand. I also cheated a bit when cooking. Instead of frying I mixed the ingredients together, including the oil, and baked it until done. That way I could focus on the rest of dinner without fear of burning the potatoes :) Made for Soup-A-Stars ZWT9
Have always enjoyed potatoes cooked this way but the addition of sweet potato adds a nice new demotion to an old favorite. Did make as written using sweet potato to stay true to the recipe but think a yam in place of sweet potato would add nice color with very little flavor change. Thanks so much for the post.
see 6 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY