Twice Nuked Potatoes
photo by Nif_H
- Ready In:
- 5 baking potatoes (4 med-large 1 small)
- 1⁄8 cup grated romano cheese (or a combo) or 1/8 cup parmesan cheese (or a combo)
- 3⁄4 cup 1% low-fat milk or 3/4 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese (or a combo) or 1 cup mild cheddar cheese (or a combo)
- 1 green onion top, chopped fine
- Wash potatoes; pat dry.
- Poke holes in potatoes with a fork.
- Place in microwave& nuke at 4 minute intervals testing for doneness after each interval.
- This may take 16 minutes or less.
- Allow to cool.
- Slice potatoes in half.
- Scoop out potato pulp leaving some in the shell of 8 of the halves.
- After removing pulp from the small potato discard skin.
- Place potato pulp in a bowl.
- Add milk, sour cream margarine garlic powder, onion powder, pepper, green onion top and cheeses.
- Mash with mixer till desired consistency at this point you may need to add more milk or sour cream to your taste and or due to the size of potatoes.
- Stuff potato shells with mixture.
- Sprinkle with paprika. Place on serving platter.
- At this point you can cover and refrigerate or proceed.
- When you are ready to serve.
- Place in microwave and nuke 1-2 minutes on high--more or less for your preference.
- 8 Servings.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in upstate New York (The beautiful Hudson Valley)(Orange/Ulster County)I love to cook, and enjoy watching people enjoy my creations. I love to try different recipes and like trying ones with ingredients or type of cooking most wouldn't think of trying.