Twice As Nice Coconut Rice
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is a delicious ginger coconut rice recipe that I have used for years from a cookbook called Crazy Plates by Janet and Greta Podleski. Its creamy, easy, and the perfect different rice to accompany many dishes. Enjoy!
- Ready In:
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 1⁄2 cups long grain white rice
- 3⁄4 cup light coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Heat oil in a medium, non-stick saucepan over medium heat.
- Add ginger and garlic -- cook and stir for one minute.
- Add rice and cook for one more minute.
- Stir in the coconut milk, 2 1/4 cups of water, honey, lemon zest and salt.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat to medium low.
- Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender. Fluff rice with fork and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION