Tweaked Traditional Cardamom Bread
- Ready In:
- 4 - 4 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 14 g active dry yeast
- 3⁄4 cup Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking
- 2 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 cup Smart Balance Omega Plus
- 1 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- In large mixed bowl, combine 1 1/2 cups flour, yeast, sugar, cardamom, salt, cinnamon, cloves and ginger; mix well. Heat water, milk and butter to 120F to 130F, butter does not need to melt. Add to flour mixture; add eggbeaters. Blend at low speed until moistened; beat 3 minutes at medium speed. By hand, graduall stir in enough remaining flour to make a stiff batter.
- Spoon batter into a well greased 12 cup Bundt pan. Cover; let rise in warm place until light and doubled, about 1 1/2 hours. Bake in pre-heated 375F oven for 30 to 35 minutes until golden brown. Remomve from pan; cool for about 5 to 10 before serving.
Join The Conversation
This is really delicious. I used all Splenda granular instead of the blend and made 4 small round loaves. They came out beautiful and oh so tasty. I used 1 loaf (still warm) to make a chicken sandwich with leftover Moroccan chicken. I cut the sandwich in half and DH and I each had a half with a small bowl of lentil soup. Thanks much for posting this Deb.
Made this as a side to dinner tonight. The spice combination was the real treat here, as all the spices were in this and were distinct, but for myself, really enjoyed the cinnamon and ginger. I served this with recipe#290508#290508, and recipe#400873#400873, and the these were a nice trio for a complete dinner. I hardly make bread, but this was top of the notch easy making bread, that was well seasoned, and am looking forward to some more tommorow with a hot beverage breakfast drink, and the bread with some of my apple butter, I have in the crockpot now for the morning. Thanks for this nice recipe. Masde for Holiday Tag.
This made a lovely textured and flavored loaf of bread Debbwl. I cut the recipe in half and made one perfect loaf for myself. The flavor of the spices was really lovely, none of them were over powering. I did make a few necessary changes based on the ingredients I had on hand, when I made this treat, I used butter, eggs and sugar, they worked perfectly in the bread. Thanks for sharing a recipe that was the best toast with a cup of tea.