Tvp Mushrooms Rice Casserole
- Ready In:
- 3 cups long grain brown rice, cooked
- 1 cup textured vegetable protein
- 7⁄8 cup boiling water
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup mushroom, chopped
- 2 tablespoons light miso
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed thyme
- 1 teaspoon crushed marjoram
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- Combine TVP, water and ketchup. Set aside.
- In a skillet saute onion in oil until translucent.
- Add cooked rice, TVP, and mushrooms.
- Place all ingredients and seasoning in a 2 quart casserole.
- Cover and bake at 350 for 30-35 minu.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I have always enjoyed cooking and looking for recipes. I have to admit though, until I joined Weight Watchers four years ago I never did much cooking. Since then it has became vital to do my own cooking and I find I am really good at it. I really enjoy trying new ingredients like Quinoa, Millet, Porktenderloin, hoisin sauce, beans, Textured Vegetable Protein among many other new ingredients. My family has started thinking I am a little weird with all the unusual ingredients I have in my pantry. My passions are my 3 nephews, Matthew, Lucas and Charles and my 8 parrots, Guy, Pete, Toby, Daisy, Zeke, Ernie, Max and Lu. They keep me positive when life takes a nose dive.