- Ready In:
- 1hr 35mins
1 large baking pan
- The above proportions can be increased or decreased according to family preferences.
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Melt butter and add flavorings.
- Place the mixture of cereals, pretzels and nuts in large shallow pan.
- Pour butter mixture over the cereal mixture.
- Place in the oven and heat for 1 1/2 hours mixing occasionally.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is the classic "back-of-the-box" Chex Mix, and it is the ONE thing I can NOT keep around, because I am utterly helplessly in love with it, and will happily eat the entire batch. I never make it the same way twice---sometimes I throw in Tabasco sauce, sometimes some taco seasoning, or go "healthy" and sub olive oil for butter---it's fabulous any way you vary it!