photo by Paintpuddles
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 3 (32 ounce) boxes chicken broth
- 3 lbs Italian sausage, browned and broken up
- 4 large yukon gold potatoes, diced into cubes, not too large
- 2 bunches escarole (about 8 cups) or 2 bunches spinach, sliced (about 8 cups)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic
- Fry sausage in pan, set aside.
- In a large pot, bring broth, cream, salt, pepper flakes and garlic to a boil.
- Add the sausage, sliced escarole or spinach and potatoes, (cubes shouldn't be too large or too small) and add to the broth.
- Simmer for hour. Adjust any seasoning if needed.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I've lived in New York my entire life and I'm married to my hubby Brian for over 40 years. We have 3 grown children, our dogs and cats to fill our lives and our home. In the mundane world I work for a pharmaceutical company. The cooking fun starts once I get home (don't care to do fast foods) coming up with quick easy meals and making more involved recipes on the weekends. I love cooking and experimenting with new recipes and flavors for my family. I could sit for hours just researching recipes and coming up with ideas. My other hobbies are coloring & decorative painting, making craft items, a bit of sewing, a bit of crocheting.