photo by Baby Kato
- Ready In:
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons light olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 500 g frozen peas
- fresh ground black pepper
- Peel onion and chop finely.
- Crush, peel and chop garlic.
- Derind bacon and finely chop.
- Heat oil in a saucepan and saute onion, garlic and bacon until onion is clear.
- Add stock and sage and bring to the boil.
- Add peas and cook, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Season with pepper and serve without draining.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made this for Thanksgiving, and everyone said they liked it, but nobody gushed over how good it was. I used precooked Italian sausage instead of bacon, because I found the recipe after I'd finished shopping, and that's all I had. Next time, I'll use bacon, or at least add the sausage with the peas instead of with the onion.
We really enjoyed the flavor and texture of these tasty peas. It was a quick and easy dish to make with great results. Made as written. I used this as a topping for recipe #241627. They were very complimentary to one another. Thank you for sharing a recipe that I will again. Made for What's on the Menu? Tag Game 2015.
see 11 more reviews