Tuscan Bean and Celery Soup
- Ready In:
- 450 g cannellini beans (cooked)
- 8 ounces celery (trimmed and sliced)
- 1 onion (peeled and chopped)
- low-fat cooking spray
- 900 ml vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons parsley (finely chopped)
- 1 bay leaf
- black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Heat the low fat cooking spay in a large saucepan and gently fry the celery and onion for 10 minutes. Add half the beans and the Veg stock, parsley and bay leaf. Season with black pepper and stir well.
- Bring to the boil and cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Allow to cool slightly, remove the bay leaf and blend the soup until smooth. Return to the rinsed pan and add the remaining beans. Reheat whilst stirring over a low heat. Fry the garlic in the olive oil and stir into soup just before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
im a community trainer specializing in food and allergies, vegan mum to 2 veggie squidges, theres loads more so see my site :)