Turos Csusza - Dry-Curd Cottage Cheese and Noodles
photo by Kathy228
- Ready In:
- 12 ounces wide egg noodles, cooked
- 3 -4 slices bacon, diced
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 12 ounces dry curd cottage cheese
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- dill (to garnish, fresh or dried)
- Using a large pan, cook the diced bacon until crisp; remove bacon from pan and keep warm.
- On low heat, stir the sour cream into the bacon fat.
- To the pan, add the noodles, bacon, dry cottage cheese, salt and pepper. Combine gently.
- On low heat, gently fold the contents until heated through. Adjust seasonings.
- With lid on pan, let set for half hour before serving. They taste best if not too hot.
- Garnish with more sour cream and dill if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Love this! Must be the Hungarian in me.... I had found a pint carton of Alpenrose dry cottage cheese (Portland OR area dairy), couldn't resist it, and had no idea what to do with it. Hopefully I'll be able to find more as I definitely want to make this many more times. Somehow it tastes like I'm in a European cafe, maybe in Switzerland, Austria, Hungary. Thanks so much!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<P>Hello. I live in NE Ohio in a suburb about 20 miles from Lake Erie, and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.</P> <P>Should I neglect to send you a thank-you if you review or photograph one of my recipes - please know that I am honored and truly appreciate your choosing one of my recipes. I hope you enjoyed it. <BR><BR>Thanks so much! <BR>k</P>