Turnip pickles Lebanese style
- Ready In:
- Wash turnips well, peel dark spots, slice off top and base.
- Cut turnips and beetroot into slices.
- Bring water to a boil then add sugar and salt.
- Stir till they dissolve.
- Place turnip as layers in sterilized jars.
- Place beetroot between turnip layers.
- Add water over till it covers them.
- Close jars well, leave for 20 days before use.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>My husband and I are mostly retired but we love renovations so we tend to buy, fix and sell a lot :) We love to travel and our favorite and yearly destinations are Negril, Jamaica and Isla Mujeres Mexico.</p>