Turnip Green Soup
- Ready In:
- 16 ounces frozen chopped turnip greens (use fresh if available and feel free to substitute greens. I love mustard greens in this soup.)
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans great northern beans
- 1 1⁄2 ounces Knorr vegetable soup mix
- 1 lb smoked turkey sausage
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes (I use the tomatoes with green chilis for a little zest)
- 4 cups water
- Add all ingredients to a large pot and bring to a boil. The reduce heat and simmer for up to 3 hours. Cooking time depends on what consistency you prefer your greens.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am the married mother of two children. One has special needs, so the family is gluten free. Lucky for me I love to cook and am managing to experiment. I have excellent gluten-full as well as gluten-free recipes. I just love to take a recipe and twiddle around with it until it suits me. My work is in marketing my husbands physical therapy clinic. Lunches are chiefly catered by me and that has been (thankfully) successful.