Turnip Green Soup
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 2 (27 ounce) cans turnip greens, undrained (or mixed greens)
- 2 (15 7/8 ounce) cans black-eyed peas, drained
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 potatoes, diced
- 1 lb smoked sausage, sliced
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco sauce
- 3 cups chicken stock
- Saute onions and smoked sausage in a little oil.
- Add diced potatoes and continue sauteeing until they get a little color on them.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Let simmer on stove top (or you can do it in a crockpot) until potatoes are done.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
My favorite cookbooks are River Roads I & II - published by the Baton Rouge Junior League - just the best of the best! While I am a single woman, I love to cook and share recipes. My friends always ask me why I cook just for me - well, I gotta eat! And, I would much rather have something homemade than fast food or frozen entrees. Bon Apetit <img src="http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Iwasadopted.jpg">