Turkish Spice-Candied Pumpkin
photo by YummySmellsca
- Ready In:
- 2 1⁄4 lbs fresh pumpkin, peeled and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cardamom
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Place the pumpkin cubes into a large, shallow container and evenly sprinkle the sugars, salt and spices evenly over the top. Cover and let sit in the fridge for 3 days, stirring each day.
- Pour the mixture into a large, heavy pot and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, about 1 ½ - 2 hours, until the pumpkin is tender and the syrup is thick.
- Let the mixture cool in the pan 30 minutes, then spoon into clean jars and store in the refrigerator up to 3 months.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Montessori teacher, nutritionist and pastry chef: baking is my passion, but teaching the value of good food to whole families is close to my heart too! I have a passion for re-instilling the love of good-quality, home-made and mostly healthy food into the hearts and kitchens of children and their families today. I believe that any ?homemade? food, even when labelled as naughty, is a more wholesome treat than pre-packaged, cookie-cutter junk.</p> 9408826"