- Ready In:
- 2 -3 tablespoons strong rich coffee (very finely ground)
- 4 teaspoons sugar (or to taste)
- 3 1 sprig fresh coriander (optional) or 2 teaspoons rose water (optional)
- (To make really authentic ‘Turkish’ coffee you need a narrow-topped pot that can be heated on a stove. Pots like this are used to make coffee in the most expensive restaurants and on desert camp-fires. You can use any heat-proof pot, but be careful.).
- Fill the pot with about ½ litre of water and place it on the heat. As the water begins to heat up, add the sugar, stir, and then top up with the coffee. When the water boils, let it begin to foam, but quickly reduce the heat before the coffee boils over. Repeat this three times. Remove from the heat and add any optional flavouring. Allow the coffee to cool for a minute, then pour it into small cups.
- Turkish coffee should be sipped slowly, and enjoyed with friends.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation