Turkish Chickpea Salad (Nohut Salatasi)
- Ready In:
- 3 cups chickpeas, cooked (2-16 oz. cans)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 5 green onions, chopped small
- 1 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup feta cheese, crumbled (for garnish)
- Rinse and drain chickpeas.
- Mix chickpeas, olive oil, apple cider vinegar, and salt in a shallow baking dish (shallow so that the liquid can soak more of the chickpeas). Set in refrigerator to marinate for 4 hours or overnight. (If not marinating, mix in a bowl.).
- After marinating, stir chickpeas with all other ingredients (except for feta) in a bowl.
- Just before serving, sprinkle crumbled feta over the salad.
Join The Conversation
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'd describe myself as enthusiastic and sometimes eccentric. I teach English in China, and it's an awesome job. As for my cooking philosophy, I like easy things that might take a long time to cook, but only need occasional tending (like bread or dals). Lately, I've been very interested in healthy substitutions to make dishes with less fat and/or more fiber. I've been experimenting with making tasty recipes that are free of processed sugars and flour. Since moving to China, I've found myself without an oven and without access to common ingredients, like Bisquick and vanilla ext., so I'm currently looking for breads or cakes that I can cook in a crockpot. I only post recipes that I have tried, and many are recipes that I have created myself.