Turkey Tomato Stew With Onions
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
From 2001 Bon Appetit. This is a bit like picadillo, but in soup form.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups chopped onions
- 3 cups chopped cooked turkey (preferably dark meat)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 29 ounces chopped tomatoes with bell peppers
- 2 cups nonfat chicken broth
- 16 ounces black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2⁄3 cup raisins
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- Heat oil in large pot. Saute onions 3 minutes. Add turkey and spices. Saute 3 minutes. Add remaining ingredients. Increase heat to high and bring to boil. Once it reaches boiling, reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer 15 minute Uncover and heat 5 min or until desired thickness is reached.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- *Note: original recipe does not call for garam masala, but rather pumpkin pie spice. I also dropped the oil from 6T to 1 1/2 T as that seemed sufficient.*.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION