Turkey Tenderloins With Cornbread Stuffing
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 4 slices bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 1⁄2 cups cornbread stuffing mix
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable broth
- 2 (1 lb) fresh turkey tenderloins
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hickory smoke salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- Heat grill.
- Cook bacon in large skillet over medium heat until crisp.
- Remove all but 1 T. bacon drippings from skillet; reserve drippings for brushing on tenderloins.
- To bacon drippings and bacon in skillet, add onion and celery; cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add stuffing mix and broth; mix well.
- Cover and remove from heat.
- To butterfly turkey tenderloin, starting at long side, cut tenderloin in half horizontally, cutting almost but NOT completely through.
- Open tenderloin and flatten slightly.
- Repeat with remaining tenderloin.
- Spoon stuffing onto cut side of 1 tenderloin.
- Place second tenderloin, cut side down, over stuffing.
- Secure with toothpicks.
- Brush outer surface with reserved bacon drippings.
- Sprinkle with hickory smoke salt, pepper and poultry seasoning.
- When ready to grill place stuffed tenderloin on grill for indirect cooking.
- Cook 30 to 40 minutes or until meat thermometer inserted in center registers 185°F, turning twice and brushing with bacon drippings.
- Remove toothpicks.
- To serve, cut into slices.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Hello! I am in Nebraska with three of my four children and a husband of 20 yrs.(the fourth child is in the Army stationed at Fort Bragg) I get to be a stay home mom and LOVE it.(which gives me time to look for new recipes...LOL) We like to camp, play sports,watching movies and lots more. I have a fairly large collection of recipe books, but then you can't ever have enough...right? I came across this site(recipezaar) and instantly fell in love with it. I am sooooo glad I found it.<img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg alt= /> <img src=http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b280/carolinamoon21/Ingredients/CameraLesschef-STICKER.jpg alt= /> <br /><img src=http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a254/Sharon123/Copyoftag300-banner.jpg border=0 alt=Susie's Banner for Newest Zaar Tag /> <br /><img src=http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a254/Sharon123/NZT-2-AnnaciasZaarTagbanner.jpg border=0 alt=Annacia's banner for Zaar Tag /></p>