Turkey Roasted and Champagne-Basted Turkey
photo by Tim_John
- Ready In:
- 3hrs 15mins
- Start oven at hot (425 degrees F.).
- Mix salt, pepper, and celery salt. Rub into turkey thoroughly, inside and out. Place Turkey in roasting pan. Rub 3 tablespoons Butter over breast and down sides. Roast 30 minutes.
- Combine onions, thyme, marjoram, parsley, and consommé. Pour over turkey. Reduce heat to moderate (325° F.) and continue roasting another hour. Pour champagne over turkey. Roast an hour and then place breast side down. Baste frequently and continue roasting an additional 1½ hours or until turkey is done: 190-195 degrees Internal Temperature – Use a thermometer. Remove turkey to warmed platter.
- Cover with foil. Let stand in warm place.
- Strain pan gravy into a saucepan. Melt remaining 1-tablespoon butter in a cup. Stir in flour smoothly. Cook in microwave for 1 minute. Add cooked flour mixture to strained pan gravy gradually. Stir and let simmer 5 minutes.
- Serve in warmed gravy boat.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!