Turkey Pita Sandwiches With Brie, Pecans and Home
photo by mary winecoff
- Ready In:
- 1 whole egg
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 3 ounces raspberry preserves
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 ounces turkey breast, sliced
- 3 slices brie cheese (1/4 inch slice)
- 1 tablespoon pecans, finely chopped
- 1 large pita bread
- 1 pinch alfalfa sprout
- For mayonnaise: Combine egg, mustard, salt, pepper, raspberry preserves and lemon juice in bowl of food processor. Process for 1 minute.
- With motor running, dribble in the oil in a slow, steady stream.
- When all of the oil is in, shut motor off and scrape down sides with spatula.
- Store mayonnaise in covered storage container and refrigerate until ready to use. Makes 1 cup.
- For each sandwiches: Split pita. Spread mayonnaise on 1 side of bread, top with turkey and brie.
- Broil sandwich until cheese is melted.
- Add pecans and sprouts.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I was attracted to this recipe as I esp favor the ingredients & that it is made in pita pockets, which I like to use. BUT both parts of the recipe are faulted IMHO. For 1 sandwich, I could not use the sandwich ingredients listed & 1/2 cup pecans. Also ~ you must make a dressing that has a volume of 28 oz for just the rasp preserves, oil & lemon juice. Adding the rest of the ingredients brings the volume to nearly 1 qt of dressing ~ clearly way too much for 1 sandwich or even up to 4. These problems so askew the nutritional data that you have no real idea what it is. It was easy to reduce the amt of pecans, but difficult & mostly guesswork to reduce the volume of dressing. If the dressing is simplified & reduced to a better volume, I think this will make a good recipe, but it needs work to reach that point. Good luck!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I have two boys who will usually eat most things I put in front of them. As a single mom I use them as my guinea pigs....sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I have a huge garden, blueberry and blackberry bushes. I am always looking for a new recipe. I have three cats (Xiao Mao, which means little cat in Chinese, Pumpkin and Max) and two border collies, Lucy and Grace. All my animals come from Rescue Agencies. <a href="http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k217/winecoff8902/?action=view¤t=rsc002.jpg" target="_blank"><img src="http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k217/winecoff8902/rsc002.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"></a> <a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank"><img src="http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k217/winecoff8902/lucyatpoppys005.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"><a href="http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k217/winecoff8902/?action=view¤t=006.jpg" target="_blank"><img src="http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k217/winecoff8902/006.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"></a><a href="http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k217/winecoff8902/?action=view¤t=hilfiger001.jpg" target="_blank"><img src="http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k217/winecoff8902/hilfiger001.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">