Turkey or Chicken Spaghetti Tetrazzini
This is a great way to use up leftover turkey or chicken, you can freeze one casserole and just thaw in the refrigerator overnight.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 cups fresh white button mushrooms, sliced (can use more)
- 1 -2 tablespoon fresh minced garlic (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup butter (can use less butter)
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2⁄3 cup half-and-half cream or 2/3 cup milk
- 1 (16 ounce) jar alfredo sauce
- 3 cups cooked turkey (can use more) or 3 cups cooked chicken (can use more)
- 12 ounces spaghetti, cooked (use the thin spagetti for this)
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas, thawed
- 1 1⁄2 cups swiss cheese, shredded
- 1 1⁄4 cups parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 1⁄2 cups garlic-flavored croutons, crushed
- Set oven to 375 degrees F.
- Butter two 11 x 7-inch baking dishes (or use 1 large casserole dish).
- In a skillet melt butter over medium heat; add in onions and mushrooms and saute until softened (about 6-7 minutes) add in the garlic the last 2 minutes; remove from heat.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the undiluted soup, half and half cream and alfredo sauce.
- Add in the sauteed onion/mushroom mixture with cooked turkey or chicken and cooked spaghetti, peas, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese and 1-1/2 cups Swiss cheese; mix well to combine and season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to the baking dishes or large casserole dish.
- In a bowl mix together the crushed croutons with 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese and pinch paprika; sprinkle evenly over the casserole.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION