Turkey Noodle Casserole
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Good comforting family food.
- Ready In:
- 4 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup minced onion
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 1⁄3 cups milk
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sage
- 1⁄4 cup cream cheese
- 10 ounces egg noodles (cooked and drained)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1⁄3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cups chopped cooked turkey (or chicken, I use leftovers)
- 1⁄3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- In 2 qt saucepan, cook mushrooms with water and oil for 5 minutes.
- Add onions and wine; cook for 1 minute.
- Add flour and stir for 2 minutes.
- Slowly add milk, broth, thyme, sage, and cream cheese; cook for 3 minutes.
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- In lg bowl, combine mushroom sauce, noodles, peas, Parmesan and turkey.
- Spoon into a greased 3-quart casserole dish.
- Top with breadcrumbs, sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until bubbly.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
MizzNezz - thanks for the inspiration. Just what I was looking for - a turkey casserole to adjust and make that didn't start with campbell's..... I improvised greatly based on what I had available and it was delish. Would have loved to use the mushrooms but the husband wouldn't have eaten any in that case....;)Reply
Good Recipe! I also left out the mushrooms. Instead of decreasing the amount of liquid, i added more onion and lots more freshly grated parmesean cheese. I will use this recipe in the future for all my chicken,or tuna noodle casserol recipes leaving out the thyme, & sage and adding a little more wine. Thank You!Reply
see 11 more