Turkey Medallions Isis
Tender turkey slices drizzled with a delicate sauce served over fresh noodles or with boiled baby potatoes. This fast and easy to prepare dish is flavoured with tarragon and vermouth.
- Ready In:
- 1 - 1 1⁄2 lb turkey breast
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh mushrooms, cremini, sliced
- 1 shallot, french, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried tarragon leaves
- 1⁄2 cup dry vermouth
- 2 ounces pimientos, sliced & drained
- Slicing across the grain, cut the turkey breast into 1/2" slices.
- Pound the turkey slices until 1/4" thickness is achieved.
- Dredge the turkey slices in flour, shaking off any excess.
- Melt 1 tbsp butter over medium high heat, sauting the medallions until lightly browned.
- Remove the medallions from heat, keep warm, (if necessary) melt the remaining 1 tbsp of butter and add the sliced mushrooms.
- Saute the mushrooms for 3-4 minute then add; shallots, parsley, salt, pepper, tarragon, vermouth and pimiento.
- Bring to a boil, and stir for 3-5 minute Place turkey ontop of hot buttered pasta and drizzle with sauce.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Quick and easy! I used 1 pound of turkey breast, 2 cups mushrooms and found that enough for four servings. I also used 2 tablespoons butter totally as for step #5 states to melt the remaining butter??? (What remaing butter). I browned the breast on the first side flipping then added the remaining ingredients (Not removing the breast). I did add the remaining flour about 1-2 teaspoons to the vegies to thicken slightly. I think the fat count on this is wrong! It should be a bit lower so this is a nice low fat meal.That is as long as you only use the 2 tablespoons for 4 servings. ;)Reply