Turkey Meatloaf and Vegetables
- Ready In:
- 8hrs 20mins
- Place bread in a large bowl. Pour the milk over the bread and let stand 10 minutes.
- Coarsely chop 1 of the carrots and cut the remaining 2 carrots into chunks. COarsely chop 1 onion and slice remaining onions. Set aside carrot chunks and sliced onions.
- Place chopped carrot, chopped onion and celery in a food processor; pulse into finely chopped. Transfer to a bowl with bread mixture. Add the turkey, egg and salt; mix with hands until combined. Shape into an oval loaf and place in a slow cooker.
- Arrange the potatoes, mushrooms and reserved carrot chunks and onion slices around the meatloaf. Cover and cook until the meat and vegtables are fork-tender, 4-5 hours on high or 8-10 hours on low.
- Transfer the meatloaf to a platter and cut into 6 slices. Spoon vegetables around the meatloaf.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I have to tell on myself--I came to the table armed with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and barbecue sauce! The lack of spice in the recipe had me nervous, but I forgot to throw anything in when cooking (and simultaneously watching a 5-month old :>). To my very pleasant surprise, this needed nothing more than a bit of salt. The meat was very juicy and flavorful, and the veggies (especially the mushrooms) were such a nice touch! I did put a bit of garlic powder on my plate to dip the potatoes in, but I chalk that up to personal addiction! I used 1 stalk celery (recipe doesn't specify) and only had wheat bread on hand, which worked fine. Thanks so much for posting this; DH says it is a keeper for sure.