Turkey Lentil Stew
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs turkey, chopped
- 4 cups turkey broth
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 2 cups carrots, sliced
- 1 cup lentils, sorted and washed
- 2 (14 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Mix all ingredients in a large pot.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer at least 30 minutes.
- Longer simmering melds tastes even better.
- Serve hot.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Surprise! I would classify this as chili. I was a little more in the mood for a curry or I am not sure what, but this was OK. I made the recipe with leftovers from Thanksgiving turkey, with basically the ingredients as shown... except that I used a package of frozen veg mix- onions, carrots, celery, and peppers - rather than the fresh. My tomatoes were crushed rather than diced (which might also have contributed to the chili effect). Very quick and easy to make.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live on the East Coast of Florida about 3 blocks from the ocean. I love to travel,?but I love coming home again, too.? ?I am always on a diet, but love to cook. I always look for recipes that are low in fat, low in calories, and low in effort!! I have a large family, and lots of friends, and I love to entertain, so I often look for easy recipes to feed a crowd.